In 1998, the CDC received accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the oldest and most respected accrediting organization in the country. This marked the beginning of the Center’s respected reputation as a high-quality environment for children to receive care and foundational early learning. The accreditation is an extension of our philosophy and ensures that we adhere to the NAEYC Guidelines:
– Promote positive relationships among children and adults
– Implement a curriculum that promotes learning and development of the whole child
– Use developmentally and culturally appropriate and effective teaching practices
– Have strong standards of health and safety
– Employ highly qualified teachers and teaching assistants
– Have low teacher-child ratios
We are proud to say that the CDC has been awarded NAEYC accreditation for another five years! Not only did we pass, but we passed with flying colors. Congratulations to our teachers, kiddos, and admin for all of the hard work and time they committed to making this goal possible!