Inclusion Program Packet
The Vision & History
The Preschool Inclusion program is a partnership between the Child Development Center and Austin Independent School District at Clayton Elementary designed for children with and without disabilities. We strive to create an accepting and inclusive environment that acknowledges individual differences within a welcoming and supportive community of learners.
Everyone involved is positively influenced when children with disabilities and their typically developing peers play and learn together in the same classroom. All children benefit as they learn that everyone can make worthwhile contributions to the classroom. Benefits include appreciation and acceptance of individual differences and diversity, friendship skills and problem-solving skills.
Teachers focus on building communication skills, encouraging appropriate social interactions, teaching problem solving skills and facilitating independence while embracing each child’s individual way of learning.
Children that are able to:
- Play cooperatively with same age peers
- Follow directions
- Communicate well
- Demonstrate age-appropriate skills
- Participate in group activities
Calendar & Additional Options
Our Inclusion program follows the AISD calendar. Families may choose to attend only for the main Pre-K class, or they may add the Afterschool CREW program as outlined below.
- Afterschool CREW Program—Children who need additional care beyond 3:00, may opt to sign up for our afterschool program. At 3:00, the Pre-K children join Clayton CREW. A daily snack is provided. The children participate in outdoor activities, community outreach projects, gym games, as well as theme-based clubs.
- CREW All-Day—On days when AISD is closed and the CDC is open, you may sign up for our CREW All-Day program for $50 per day. The day is an extension of our afterschool program.
- Summer Options—After the AISD school year ends parents may sign their child up for Camp K (must be entering kindergarten).
Applications will be reviewed by our directors. Parents will be notified as soon as final numbers are decided at the AISD district level, by June 1st of each year.
If there is not space in the Inclusion program, your child’s name will be placed on a waiting list in the event that a spot becomes available.
Program Hours and Options *2021-2022 School Year
- Pre-K Inclusion Program 7:45-3:00 $920
- Inclusion Program+ Clayton CREW 7:45-6:00 $1240
An $80 non-refundable application fee (non-students only) is due with the application. You may choose between check or credit card payment.